Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Volvo "Who Would You Give A Volvo To?" Commercial...

Well this commercial doesn't bother me so much because of the commercial itself. There isn't any annoying jingle, the actors are pretty decent, and they are actually pretty cute (yes I said cute). However there IS NO CONTEST!!!! It is a trick- you go to their website and track down the commercial site- and you can type your own essay complete with pictures about who you would give a volvo to and why. Why in the world would you do this? Because they trick you into thinking that there is a Volvo out there waiting to be won by the person most deserving of it.
I cry foul - there is no contest - no matter how heart-wrenching your story is you will never never win a Volvo! Not only is it confusing, it pisses me off! What is the big deal for such a large company to actually give away one single car? In my opinion this is pretty bad PR - I wasted 5 full mins of my day checking to see if I could enter the contest since my Mom really needs a new car and loves Volvos - the perfect story! The only reason I even realized it was a hoax was from checking other sites first which were complaining about the same thing.
I give this commercial a D-, they would have scored much higher except for the vile lie that suggests you could actually win one of their cars.

No comments: